Budee, Inc., dba Budee, and its related companies (collectively, "Budee," "we, or "us”), respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of our websites, mobile applications, or social media pages (each individually, a “Website,” and collectively, our "Websites") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On the Websites.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
· Through mobile applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Budee or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
Not Intended for Users Under 21 Years of Age
Our Websites are not intended for users under 21 years of age, unless 18 or over with a valid, state-permitted medical recommendation (a "Medicinal Customer"). No one under age 21, unless a Medicinal Customer, may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 21 years of age, except where such individual is a Medicinal Customer. If you are under 21, and not a Medicinal Customer, do not use or access the Websites, register on any Website, make any purchases through any Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 21 years of age, who is not a Medicinal Customer, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 21, who is not a Medicinal Customer, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified or which may be associated with your household, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, IP address, telephone number, drivers license or other government issued identification, medical cannabis information, payment information, ("personal information");
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about how the Websites services are used;
· About products or services you’ve purchased, obtained, or considered, your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, and your preferences and customer characteristics;
· About your location;
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you. For example from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
· Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Websites.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, posting material, or placing orders. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
· Your search queries on the Websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Websites, or transmitted to other users of the Websites or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Web Beacons. Pages of our the Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Budee, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Websites and their contents to you.
· To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To provide support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
· To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Budee's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Budee about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Budee, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Promotional Offers from Budee. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Budee to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Budee as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Privacy Rights for Customers Outside of California
States outside of California require that organizations that handle personal information of customers must adopt reasonable data security measures to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of customer information. Budee has adopted data security measures consistent with industry standard and applicable law.
Privacy Rights for California Customers
This section applies solely to all visitors and users who reside in the State of California. We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
We do not sell personal information. However, the CCPA’s definition of “sale” may be interpreted to include the use of third-party cookies and similar technologies used to provide targeted advertising which are common to most websites, including those operated by Budee. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
• Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.) and other applicable laws and regulations.
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
• Comply with a legal obligation.
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
Last modified: August 4, 2021